Did you know that the council of Nicaea did not even address the issue of the canon?
Why do we have the 66 books in our Bible? Have Jews or Christians accepted the Apocrypha? Why did it take until after Luther and the Council of Trent for anyone to claim the Old Testament Apocrypha was inspired? Were the “Lost Gospels” of documentary film fame inspired by devils? Answers to these questions and more are here!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- The Old Testament (56 min)
- The New Testament (1:02:39)
- The Apocrypha and the Orthodox Church (1:26:49)
- Biblically Endorsed Books (1:28:24)
- Books of the Dead Sea Scrolls (1:06:25)
- What is the Book of Hagi? (1:21:23)
- Lost Books of the Bible? (1:43:41)
- The Canon of Scripture by Joel Tillis (Please excuse the creepy image on thesoultrap.com. Great sermon, nonetheless!)
- Lecture 3 – The Issue of the Canon – The Apocrypha by William Webster
- “The Lost Books of the Bible?” and “More Lost Books of the Bible” by Patrick Hines (Good and bad news about Patrick. The good news, he highlights the vital fact that the council of Nicaea did not even address the issue of canon. The bad news is he takes the false conventional view that the woman taken in adultery is not scripture. See this article on John 7:53-8:11 for more. These are excellent sermons otherwise.)
What do you think of our page? Got more questions? Have a suggestion? Contact us in the form below, we would LOVE to hear from you!
Please note that we do not agree entirely with everyone whose material we share on this site. Remember to search the scriptures, think for yourself, and be prepared to challenge what you already believe. Please contact us, check out our other pages, or see our Disclaimers page for more information. We also accept no liability for any issues caused by a lack of discretion in distributing this card.